Formula with sheet reference use data from Row 1

Hello, Smartsheet Community: I need help with a formula.

In my formula, I am referencing another sheet, but I need to always reference the top row of the sheet I'm referencing. How do I write my formula to always reference the top row? This is my current formula. Thank you

=SUM(([Nitrile Gloves - XL]@row) - ({UEM Safety Supplies Request Form NITRILE XL}))

Answers

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @DawnB,

When you create the reference, just choose the one cell you want as opposed to the entire column. Additionally, I do not think the =SUM formula is what you want, try the following.

=[Nitrile Gloves - XL]@row - {UEM Safety Supplies Request Form NITRILE XL}

**again, make this reference just the cell you want

Hope this helps,

Dave

• DawnB
    DawnB ✭✭

@DKazatsky2

I greatly appreciate your reply. When I choose the cell, it creates a cell reference. In my question, I failed to mention that Row 1 is updated periodically from a form. I need the formula to always reference Row 1. Thank you

• DawnB
    DawnB ✭✭

In my formula, I am referencing another sheet, but I need to always reference the top row of the referenced sheet. Row 1 is periodically updated from a form, so I need the formula to always reference Row 1.

How do I write my formula to always reference the top row? This is my current formula. Thank you

=[Nitrile Gloves - XL]@row - {UEM Safety Supplies Request Form NITRILE XL}

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!