"and" logic for multiple condition in a form

Hello,

I created a form for which I would like to display a field if 2 criteria are met BOTH -> currently a "OR" logic is automatically set:

Where can I change the "or" to "and"?

Thank you

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

HI @MarleneUKG

In the current Smartsheet form configuration, only nested "OR" conditions are supported. 😅

A potential workaround is to design a separate column in your sheet that fulfills your "OR, OR, AND" criteria. You can then reference this column's value to set up the desired form logic condition.

• David Dolch
    David Dolch ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp How would you do this?

I have two questions, call them A and B. If A AND B and both false, then I want to display a third question. But only if BOTH are false.

I can easily add a column in the underlying sheet that has logic that says, if A AND B are false, then ask the third question. I can then add that as a hidden input on the form and key the logic off of that.

The issue is, that logic does not trigger until the row is updated by submitting the form. So the logic in the column is useless until after the form is submitted, which defeats the whole purpose.

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@David Dolch

You are right. My oversight.

Occasionally, we implement a sequence of negative checks as a prerequisite to proceeding with specific inquiries. (see example) This approach only displays subsequent questions if the preceding question satisfies a particular condition. (e.g., if Question 1 is satisfied, then Question 2 is shown; if Question 2 is met, then Question 3 appears, and so forth).

But this approach does not meet the need where you want to show all the questions and allow a user to answer the last question if all previous questions satisfy the condition.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!