Update Health via Formula

Hello, relatively new to Smartsheet here (the person in charge before is no longer with us). I am working on a formula to change the health of a project based upon the status. Caveat - the projects will have multiple statuses and I need the health color to change, even if there are 5-6 statuses listed. I copied where I'm at right now and can make it work for the individual colors, but when I introduce the additional color options, I get an "Incorrect Argument Set". I'm obviously missing something. Help please!

=IF([Technical Status]@row="Active", AND("Assigned (not started)", "Upcoming (starting soon)", "Generating Site Plan", "Site Plan Sent", "Generating Layout", "Layout Sent", "Layout Approved", "Prelim TD's done", "Final Set Ready"), "Green", IF([Technical Status]@row="Complete", AND("Post Coordination", "Revisions"), "Blue", IF([Technical Status]@row="Waiting on Customer", "Red", IF([Technical Status]@row="Inactive (need direction)", "Red", IF([Technical Status]@row="On Hold", "Yellow")))))

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @jaymeks

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots and elaborate on how you want the formula to work more specifically? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!