calculate % of average attendance

Hello,

I need to calculate % of average attendance across multiple people and events.

for example, I'm either calculating or linking from another sheet the number for the formula and have

Column 1: 49 (the # of people - might change - this is a dynamic # from another sheet)

Column 2: 8 (the # of events that already happened - will change when new events are scheduled. Dynamic # from a formula from another sheet)

Column 3:

Row 1: Total check ins: 78 (dynamic # calculated across all the events)

Row 2: Attendance In-Person: 37 (dynamic # calculated across all the events)

Row 3: Attendance on Zoom: 33 (dynamic # calculated across all the events)

How can i calculate a percentage of the total # of people for each row across all events?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@OshaK Can you share a screen shot? I am a little confused about your explanation... Can you also define what the columns are? Like Column 1, what do you mean the # of people? That signed up? That attended? 1 event? Total? Same as Column 2. Also, what are you trying to actually calculate? There are so many different ways you can run numbers, that you need to be explicit about what you are actually asking about.

Answers

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@OshaK Can you share a screen shot? I am a little confused about your explanation... Can you also define what the columns are? Like Column 1, what do you mean the # of people? That signed up? That attended? 1 event? Total? Same as Column 2. Also, what are you trying to actually calculate? There are so many different ways you can run numbers, that you need to be explicit about what you are actually asking about.

• OshaK
    OshaK ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you @Eric Law, I think i figured it out.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!