Hi, is there away to find the MAX date on a sheet based on criteria?

2»

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can't see the difference between that formula and the one we had last week, but if it works now, I'll take it! 😁

• Hey, wondering if i could get your insights on something else. I have a sheet set up for "shop work requests". there is a form connected to this sheet that allows team members to submit requests.

Im looking to create a dashboard widget that will tell me how many requests a particular person creates over a given period of time. the problem is, the only way i can track who is making requests is through a column called "requested by" in this column, a form user can type in anything they'd like... i discovered that one particular form user had about 10 different names they used for "requested by".

my question is, can i have the form automatically give me the form users id?

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have three ideas for you. Hopefully one will work.

1) Could you make "requested by" a drop down and only allow values in that list to be entered?

2) Restrict access to the form to logged in users, using this setting, under "Security":

and then add the default Smartsheet column for "Created by" to your sheet. It seems to populate with web-form@smartsheet if this setting is off, but pulls in the user name if it is set (or that is how it seems to me).

3) I'm pretty sure there are ways to pass a parameter on the form that is then passed as a hidden field but I don't know much about that, so suggest starting a new question thread of you want to go down that route.

• THIS IS PEREFECT- option 2 will work. thanks again!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!