Work on multiple sheets at once

Hello! My team has more than one sheet to work on in one project. Without having multiple browser windows open to the same workspace, is there a way to see and enter data into more than one sheet at a time instead of toggling between them? These are not linked data points where syncing is a solution, but unique data in similar fields. Thank you for any help!

Best Answer

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Miriam You can use reports to bring in data from multiple sheets into one view. While this is a solution, it can have risks.

1. If you have columns that exist on one sheet but not the other and they need to be updated, the report will show the columns, but for the rows where that column does not exist on the corresponding sheet, the cells will be blank. This may cause some confusion to the end user.
    2. If you have tasks that are similar, then the end user needs to pay close attention to the sheet name column in the report to make sure they are updating the correct data. You can mitigate this in the report by using the grouping option to group by sheet name.

Answers

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Miriam You can use reports to bring in data from multiple sheets into one view. While this is a solution, it can have risks.

1. If you have columns that exist on one sheet but not the other and they need to be updated, the report will show the columns, but for the rows where that column does not exist on the corresponding sheet, the cells will be blank. This may cause some confusion to the end user.
    2. If you have tasks that are similar, then the end user needs to pay close attention to the sheet name column in the report to make sure they are updating the correct data. You can mitigate this in the report by using the grouping option to group by sheet name.
  • Miriam
    Miriam ✭✭

Thank you, @JamesB! I'll share this with my team to see if they want to pursue this route. Much appreciated!