DocuSign and Contact List Field

I utilized a contact list field in a sheet that is mapped to DocuSign. Although in the sheet it displays the first name and last name, when it maps to DocuSign, the email address shows up.

How can make the First Name and last name only show on a field mapped to DocuSign from a contact list field?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrea Westrich

Document Builder connected to DocuSign will read Contact cells as Emails, as you've found (this is to enable those fields to be used to send data to, through DocuSign).

What I would do in your case is add a regular Text/Number column into the sheet with a generic formula of

=[Contact Column]@row

This should bring the display text of the Contact into that field (the name) which you can then use to Map to your document. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrea Westrich

Document Builder connected to DocuSign will read Contact cells as Emails, as you've found (this is to enable those fields to be used to send data to, through DocuSign).

What I would do in your case is add a regular Text/Number column into the sheet with a generic formula of

=[Contact Column]@row

This should bring the display text of the Contact into that field (the name) which you can then use to Map to your document. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @Genevieve P.! I'm always thrilled to see when you answer a question because I know it will work and will be easy to understand.

Thanks again for your perfect solution!

• I'm glad this helped! 🙂 And thank you for the kind words