Can we write formulas based on the Default columns (attachments, comments, row action indicator)?

I want to add some checkbox columns based on the row action indicator column (which is a system/default column) - if there's still a pending update request, the [updated?] column is unchecked.

Even better, can we filter based on the default columns?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @CeliaC

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're referring to these columns to the side of the Grid:

If so, there currently isn't a way to use a formula to reference them.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

However you can use filters on Attachments or Comments, if that helps.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @CeliaC

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow! Can you elaborate?

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @CeliaC

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're referring to these columns to the side of the Grid:

If so, there currently isn't a way to use a formula to reference them.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

However you can use filters on Attachments or Comments, if that helps.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!