Dashboard: filter outstanding tasks

Hello there,

I need to show in my dashboard all the outstanding tasks (status ≠ closed). I'd like the graphic below (metrics section) to represent an overview of the open tasks.

In addition I'd like to prepare a graphic with the workload per user, in order to see the open tasks assigned to each employee.

Please enlighten me. Thanks

Answers

• SteyJ
    SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @a.antuzzi ,

are your task metrics being pulled from summary column, if so -- you may want to use those formulas in a separate sheet -- which makes graphing the data possible.

Same for employee workload, create a sheet which each employee is listed and create a column for items such as incomplete tasks, complete tasks, and cancelled tasks --

Then select the sheet and use the data as the source table for your metrics

Also, I love the design of your dashboard!

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey

• create a sheet which each employee is listed and create a column for items such as incomplete tasks, complete tasks, and cancelled tasks

So I have to create a Sheet not a Report?

How can I list automatically each employee?

What formula in the columns for ongoing tasks, complete tasks...?

If I wanna do the same to see the tasks situation by projects, do I have to create another similar sheet? Is there a way to keep it simple? all the data are already available in the master sheet....

Thanks

• SteyJ
    SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can use reports as well, but usually the data isn't organized the way I need it when building charts from graph on specific things.

I usually just create a new sheet and index / match the data I need.

Each employee can be listed by assigning a UID to them with autonumber, and then index / match based on the autonumber in the new sheet.

I recommend just trying to do it with reports, though -- if that is what you are familiar with.

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey