Summary Reports from Sheets in a Folder

Hello -

Quick question on summary reports for easier roll up than cell linking.

Background: Each time we have a new project, we create a folder from a template folder that contains a schedule and a budget tracker. Projects are all tracked the same.

Both sheets have Summary fields that are set up, so it can roll into a summary report.

is it possible for these sheets to all appear on one row, so all project metrics are shown in a neat row and always updated?

Apologies if this question isn’t clear.

Thank you!

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide some screenshots for context?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• camr
    camr ✭✭

Yes - please find below.

Essentially - all 3 of those sheets are in one Project folder, so it would be nice if these could roll into one summary row with all of the information. Every project would have the same setup and all of these columns.

In theory - I could create a roll-up sheet in each project folder and pull a summary report from that information, but it would still link all of the sheets in the folder unless manually deleted.

Just trying to keep this reporting process easier as projects are added. Hopefully this (somewhat) makes sense.

Thanks!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest the rollup sheet. When you save as new on the template folder, it will link to the newly created sheets.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!