Check all related checkboxes

Answers

• LakeWaconia
    LakeWaconia ✭✭✭✭

I have a similar, but slightly different application. Is there a way that when the checkbox in "Include in Pitch?" is selected that all other "Sales Orders" with the same Sales Order number could have their checkbox checked automatically? I tried various Index(Match, Index(Collect formulas and couldn't make it work. I added some helper rows as well from different threads, using Vlookup on "Row@row-1" but couldn't get that to work either.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/20/23

You would need a helper column with the following column formula:

=IF(COUNTIFS([Include In Pitch?]:[Include In Pitch?], @cell = 1, [Sales Order]:[Sales Order], @cell = [Sales Order]@row)> 0, 1)

Then you would set up a Change Cell automation set to trigger when this helper column changes to a 1 it will change the value in the [Include In Pitch?] column.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@LakeWaconia Please see above.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• LakeWaconia
    LakeWaconia ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Paul. That worked awesome. Sorry about the double-post. My screen refreshed and didn't see my post. I thought I forgot to hit "Post Comment"

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

No worries. Happy to help. 👍️

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!