Reference a table like in Excel

Bwoods113
Bwoods113 ✭✭✭
edited 11/21/23 in Formulas and Functions

I am working on a per diem sheet that will automate the calculation of distance between the employees address and the jobsite. I have an excel sheet that our payroll has been using that I am trying to replicate some of the formulas to keep things the same. I have run into a formula that references a group of cells for a calculation (see attached). I am wondering the best way to do this in smartsheet. I have attached an image of how my sheet is structured. I am trying to put the formula into the per diem column. Appreciate any insight into this. Thank you for your time.

The green group of cells is what I am having trouble replicating in a formula.

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ok. And do you have a Distance column? I would put the table on a separate sheet and then use this formula:

=IF(Distance@row< 30, 0, INDEX({Reference Table Per Diem Sheet}, MATCH(ROUNDUP(Travel@row / 30 + 2), {Reference Table Structure Column}, 0)))

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!