List Org Sheets api not listing all sheets

Options

I need to fetch list of all sheets that have changed since a particular time, therefore on using the modifiedSince parameter, but the list returned is not consistent.

I am not receiving any data sometimes even after performing an edit adding data to a cell (row/column), and sometimes it does come up.

Is there any refresh time for updating this data in the api response ? Also why is there this inconsistency.? Is there any other way to fetch this list.

The api i am using is https://api.smartsheet.com/2.0/users/sheets?pageSize=20&modifiedSince=2023-11-23T15:20:40Z

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Narinder Paul

How soon after making an edit are you using the API? I would personally suggest waiting at least 5 minutes, if not 5 - 10, to ensure that the modified date is indexed properly.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Narinder Paul
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

I have waited for upto 90 minutes, I was unable to see the sheet in the reponse.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Narinder Paul

I'm unable to replicate this; any sheets that are owned by users that are members of your current plan should show, even with the filter of modifiedSince.

The next thing to check is that if those sheets are owned by users that are members of a different plan. For example, if I edit a cell in a sheet that someone else owns, these will appear in my personal get sheet list, but not in the Org list.

Does the sheet appear when you take out the "users" portion?

https://api.smartsheet.com/2.0/sheets?pageSize=20&modifiedSince=2023-11-23T15:20:40Z

If so, can you check who the owner is of that sheet, and that they're registered as a member?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Narinder Paul
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

I have been uploading an attachment to an existing sheet logged in as the owner itself.

However, I was getting an empty response.

Interestingly, this happens very inconsistently.

Note : If I person the above operation and then create a new sheet. I do not face this issue, the response list contains both the sheetId's(the existing and the new one) .

I am facing this only when i have edited an existing sheet and hit the mentioned api.

Thanks,

Narinder