Automate copying rows based on row data

I am trying to track job costs for various jobs using smart sheet, our job software, quickbooks online and zapier. The gist of my project is that when a new job is crearted, i want a new costing template made up in smartsheet, this new sheet will contain in the title the job number. I then create expenses and vendor bills in my quickbooks online account and when those are generated they also contain the job number. I am then having Zapier automatically create me a new sheet every time a job is made, to contain the job number. I am also having Zapier add the total cost of the expense/vendor bill into a master cost sheet.

I am now trying to figure out a way to copy the rows from the master cost sheet into each specific job sheet based on the job number that is in the sheets title.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Answers

• Hey @ACremers

Since the specific job sheet is created as a new item each time, the Smartsheet Copy Row automation will not be able to find that sheet until it exists. This means you can set up the workflow to go to that sheet after the Zapier workflow has run, but not until then... at that point it would likely be easier to manually copy the row.

There may be a way to do this outside of the Smartsheet UI, for example by using the API or Bridge to scan through newly created sheets with a specific title.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!