Characters in a formula

Hello - I have a JOIN formula that aggregates information from 3 different columns into 1. I have included a line break and added a character in front of each line.

Current formula: =JOIN([Contract Value]@row + " " + CHAR(10) + CHAR(151) + Term@row + " " + CHAR(10) + CHAR(151) + Summary@row)

Result of this formula:

Info in column 1

□ info in column 2

□ info in column 3

I have 2 questions:

1. The character right now is just a empty square, no matter what code I insert. Is there a way I can make this into an actual bullet point symbol?
  2. How can I include the character in the first line (info in column one)?

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

Question 1

How about using UNICHAR(10625) instead of CHAR(151). That gives a little black bullet point.

Question 2

The character is being inserted by the CHAR(151). To add another of these, you need to add another CHAR(151) where you want the character to appear. For example

=JOIN(CHAR(151)+[Contract Value]@row + " " + CHAR(10) + CHAR(151) + Term@row + " " + CHAR(10) + CHAR(151) + Summary@row)

So if you want to use UNICHAR(10625) and have an extra one, your formula will be

=JOIN(UNICHAR(10625)+[Contract Value]@row + " " + CHAR(10) + UNICHAR(10625) + Term@row + " " + CHAR(10) + UNICHAR(10625) + Summary@row)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!