Field Personnel Tracking

I am putting a manload chart together to track specific personnel, so I don't double-book the same person on two jobs on the same day. My other issue is that we have three departments: Construction, HVAC Service, and Special Projects. I need to keep the "department labels" with the specific employees. We have jobs all working simultaneously, and scheduling can be complicated.

My goal is to transfer to a calendar for easy viewing.

Answers

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like calender app would work great with some grouping https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/premium-apps/calendar-app.

• I would like for a persons name, if overlapped on two different projects on the same date for the whole row to turn red. How would I do that?

• This may seem like a lengthy process to find your solution, but I have previously encountered a similar situation before considering the Calendar App since it would be another account add-on.

You might have to create "Helper" Columns in your primary sheet. These columns will include formulas referencing your other sheets, and then you can apply conditional formatting based on "specific criteria". You can "Hide" helper columns to minimize the width of your sheet. I personally prefer to hide all the columns together for easy re-hiding in case of accidentally pressing "unhide all".

Could you share more details about your sheets so that I can provide further assistance, or does this give you a general idea?