COUNTIF, CHECKBOX with CONTAINS BRANCH "MIL"

Hello, Please help and thanks in advance.

I am trying to Count all the Key-User cells with a checkbox where the branch is MIL. I have tried the below formula but keep getting #UNPARSEABLE.

Formula I tried is =COUNTIF([Key-User]:[Key-User], =1), CONTAINS ("MIL",@cell,[Branch;Branch])

Also tried =COUNTIF([Key-User]:[Key-User], =1),CONTAINS ("MIL",[Branch:Branch])

Also tried =COUNTIF(Key-User:[Key-User],=1), CONTAINS("MIL",@cell, Branch:Branch)

I am able to get it to count the checkboxes but cannot get it to do the AND CONTAINS.

"Help Me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope."

Thanks much if you can help.

J

Best Answer

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/02/23 Answer ✓

Oh no J,

So close but it’s the first part that is probably causing the problem. Try COUTIFS instead of COUNTIF. That will allow for the 2 criteria. Move the closing parentheses after the =1 to the very end. Then play around with the contains part. Is that a multiselect list? If it isn’t Branch:Branch=“MIL” will suffice.

=COUNTIFS([Key-User]:[Key-User], 1,Branch:Branch],”MIL”)

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/02/23 Answer ✓

Oh no J,

So close but it’s the first part that is probably causing the problem. Try COUTIFS instead of COUNTIF. That will allow for the 2 criteria. Move the closing parentheses after the =1 to the very end. Then play around with the contains part. Is that a multiselect list? If it isn’t Branch:Branch=“MIL” will suffice.

=COUNTIFS([Key-User]:[Key-User], 1,Branch:Branch],”MIL”)

• JE76
    JE76 ✭✭

Thanks KPH, That worked perfectly on the first pass. Much appreciated.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!