Help Categorizing Data for Grant Report

Hello- I'm a novice when it comes to Smartsheets and I'm looking for some assistance.

I'm managing a grant, and one of the goals of the grant is to ensure we are hitting benchmarks in serving underserved communities. I have a sheet with all the demographic information of the participants, but I need the ability to have several columns broken down into a percentage to determine we're meeting this threshold.

For example, if column a is a woman OR column b is a person of color Or if column c lives in a rural or urban community, then this would equal someone from an underserved community.

Does this make sense, and can someone help me figure out how to compute this data?

Thanks!

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest a helper column on the sheet with a formula to output a one (for underserved) or a zero. Then the average will be the percentage of rows that are referring to an underserved person.

=IF(OR([Column A]@row = "Woman", [Column B]@row = "Person of Color", [Column C]@row = "Rural", [Column C]@row = "Urban"), 1, 0)

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!