QR Code Asset Management & Tracking

Options

All - I'm looking for a rather complex solution and have had no luck searching for existing integrations and/or partners. Hoping the community has some good input here.

What I'm ultimately looking for is to be able to automatically produce a QR code per row and then scan said QR code from a printed sticker attached to a shipment and be directed to a simple form that lists certain information within a sheet (for instance, specific columns/attachments as opposed to looking directly at a sheet and all of its data).

Additionally, I would like to have the functionality of updating columns (for instance, a status column).

Scenario below:

Our company is in the construction industry. My specific division prefabricates assemblies that are shipped to various construction sites. Because of our internal workflows, the data in any given sheet is cumbersome, and largely unnecessary for individuals receiving products in the field. We would like for individuals in the field to be able to scan a printed QR code attached to their shipment and be directed to a simple webform that offers basic information such as Job Name, Assembly Name, # of units in assembly, specific attachments (like an installation map), and Assembly Status (IE - received, staged, installed, commissioned, etc.).

Again, Smartsheet's native barcode functionality is simply too cumbersome because individuals are directed straight to the underlying sheet and we cannot organize the data so that it's easy to read/digest/update.

Thanks for any help!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @ace_smartsheet

I hope you're well and safe!

I've recently developed something similar for a client to register time for each step in a project.

It's very complex, but we could probably solve most of your needs.

Are you open to hiring a consultant/partner (like me) for this?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• marc4
    marc4 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Couldn't you use the smartsheet to google docs mailmerge to produce the document you want and then make a qr code to point to the google doc?

/marc

• BKing
    BKing ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @ace_smartsheet

We have a number of Construction & Asset Management examples using pretty complex folder-as-a-template structures.

Mostly we use the api to do a lot of the grunt work. Our customers end up with a Portal that has a bi-directional sync with Smartsheet. So, for example, a user wishing to see Asset Calibration & Compliance certificates has the option to self-serve via the portal.

This allows us to deal with subsets of the underlying sheet data, big complex documents and parent/child row relationships.

It will also allow us to generate QR codes, save them as an image and push it back into a row cell.

The portal is serverless and we track usage, so, no additional user licences. The ROI is very quick. See afterpremise.com/casestudies.html for our asset management example.

If that is of interest please reach out.

Regards

Brian