SUMIFS between two dates with multiple sheets and multiple criteria

RamiroHGonzalez
edited 12/11/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hi There,

I am trying to calculate total hours submitted by a resource from another sheet between 2 dates.

=SUMIFS({Client Raw Data Range 4}, {Client Raw Data Range 5} >=StartDate,{Client Raw Data Range 5} <= EndDate,{DRiV Raw Data Range 6},Resource2})

On a seperate data sheet. Range 4 is the Hours column. Range 5 is the date those hours were added. Range 6 is the resource name. There are 2,000 rows of data from that data sheet where I need to find the total hours. E.g. Resource 1 worked 208 hours between 01/01/2023 - 01/31/2023 based on the Raw Data Input sheet.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Your syntax is off. Make sure your punctuation is as it should be.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Hi @RamiroHGonzalez

I see you marked Paul's response as not helping answer the question, do you need a direct example? He's correct, the syntax for SUMIFS requires a comma after each {range} and "Criteria". You'll also need a row reference after each referenced cell, such as StartDate@row . Keep in mind if you're looking at a different row, like row 2, that would need to be updated: StartDate2

Try:

=SUMIFS({Client Raw Data Range 4}, {Client Raw Data Range 5}, >=StartDate@row, {Client Raw Data Range 5}, <= EndDate@row, {DRiV Raw Data Range 6}, Resource@row)

If this hasn't helped, please post a screen capture of the sheet you're putting the formula into as well as a screen capture of the source sheet, but block out sensitive data.

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!