SUMIFS between two dates with multiple sheets and multiple criteria

Options
RamiroHGonzalez
edited 12/11/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hi There,

I am trying to calculate total hours submitted by a resource from another sheet between 2 dates.

=SUMIFS({Client Raw Data Range 4}, {Client Raw Data Range 5} >=StartDate,{Client Raw Data Range 5} <= EndDate,{DRiV Raw Data Range 6},Resource2})

On a seperate data sheet. Range 4 is the Hours column. Range 5 is the date those hours were added. Range 6 is the resource name. There are 2,000 rows of data from that data sheet where I need to find the total hours. E.g. Resource 1 worked 208 hours between 01/01/2023 - 01/31/2023 based on the Raw Data Input sheet.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @RamiroHGonzalez

I see you marked Paul's response as not helping answer the question, do you need a direct example? He's correct, the syntax for SUMIFS requires a comma after each {range} and "Criteria". You'll also need a row reference after each referenced cell, such as StartDate@row . Keep in mind if you're looking at a different row, like row 2, that would need to be updated: StartDate2

Try:

=SUMIFS({Client Raw Data Range 4}, {Client Raw Data Range 5}, >=StartDate@row, {Client Raw Data Range 5}, <= EndDate@row, {DRiV Raw Data Range 6}, Resource@row)

If this hasn't helped, please post a screen capture of the sheet you're putting the formula into as well as a screen capture of the source sheet, but block out sensitive data.

Thanks,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!