Changing the custom fields values in bulk

Options

Hi,

Is there a way to change the custom fileds values in bulk, not through Upload CSV feature, but inside Brandfolder UI?

I know that we can "add" some values in bulk through the toolbar, but it doesn't show the current values the asset has so it seems impossible to "change" the value from value A to value B.

Answers

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Joanne,

If you navigate to Settings, then Bulk Management, and finally Custom fields, you should be able to sort the custom fields, update the names with the pencil icon, delete values from multiple assets, and more.

Please let me know if this is helpful for what you're looking for. I'll also get back to you as soon as I have more information regarding your other questions.

• Joanne Nam
    Joanne Nam ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Rebeca,

Thank you for your answer. I know that there's bulk management feature about custom fields as well, but I think I need to clarify my question with an example.

We have a custom field key named "Contents usage", and the Contents usage has about 30 predefined values : ① All activities, ② Official online store, ③ Official offline store, ④ Official SNS, ⑤ Viral marketing, and so on.

Dozens of assets has already ①,③,⑤ values for Contents usage key, but we'd like to change the values in bulk to ①,③,④ or to ②,④...and so on for some of these assets.

In this case, is CSV upload is the only way we can use?

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Joanne,

Something you could try is utilizing the search bar to locate assets that contain multiple custom field values using the search query Custom_fields.custom field key:"Value 1" AND "Value 2" AND "Value 3" as outlined in this help article and inputting the values that correspond to the assets you are trying to locate. For example: Custom_field.custom field key: All activities AND Official offline store AND Viral marketing. However, we want to emphasis that this search option will not return assets with only those three values. So if you had 2 assets that had custom fields: All activities, Official offline store, Viral marketing and 1 asset that had custom fields: All activities, Official offline store, Viral marketing, AND Official online store, the search Custom_field.custom field key: All activities AND Official offline store AND Viral marketing would return a total of 3 assets and not just the first 2 mentioned.From there, you could:

(1) Select the assets that the search result returned that you want to edit and using the bulk management toolbar, select "Tag" and then select the "Bulk Custom Fields" tab. From there, you can add additional custom fields. If an asset has an existing single value custom field, bulk adding a different value will override the original value. If you bulk add values for a multi-value key it will add the values rather than override the original values.

OR (2) Edit your custom fields within the asset modal and navigating to the "Edit" tab and then the "Custom Fields" tab.

Both of these methods are outlined in the help article here. So depending on how many assets you are trying to edit and the way custom fields are defined for your assets, you may find that CSV Upload is easier and leaves room for less error.