Email Notifications for Collaborator and Guest users

Options

Hi,

I'd like to know what email notifications Collaborator and Guests can receive.

I have already checked the article about notification and it shows the types of notifications depending on user permissions and says that hourly notifications are sent via email.

But, I found out that email notifications don't work well for Collaborators and Guests. Actually, users of our company need the email notifications for new asset uploads the most, so I asked a question through Brandfolder live chat in May this year. And at that time, the final answer was that Collaborators and Guests couldn't receive the email notifications for new asset uploads(referring to the screenshot below)

But there are still many requests from our users about email notifications, so at this point, I'd like to ask exactly what email notifications Collaborator and Guests can receive among the notification types from the table above.

Also, I have some suggestions. It would be nice if a "New" alert is shown to the labels which new assets are added to, and if we can see the notifications depending on labels/sections in the notification center in Brandfolder UI.

Thank you.

Answers

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Joanne,

The email notifications available to Collaborators and Guests should be the ones mentioned on the table you shared. Users can opt out from these notifications, so I would recommend checking if they are opted-in.

Could you please confirm that these users aren't able to receive the asset upload notifications at all? If that's the case, please let me know so I can look further into this.

• Joanne Nam
    Joanne Nam ✭✭✭
    edited 12/19/23
    Options

Hi Rebeca,

I'd like to confirm that users can't receive the asset upload notifications at all. Actually, this is what Brandfolder support team has already confirmed in June as Zurich said(please refer to the screenshot I attached above). I remember it took quite a long time for Brandfolder support team to investigate the issue and answer to me. I was confused because the article about notifications had the same explanation not only now but also in the past that Collaborators and Guests can receive the asset upload email notifications. So I felt the article for this feature is not reliable and that's why I created this question at this point.

For clarity, I checked the notifications of collaborator and guests again this time, and I found out that both kind of users still can't receive asset upload notifications. I'd like to provide you with a few information :

• The notification center from Brandfolder UI is working normally.
    • In the Notification Settings, "Emails" were opted-in.
    • The users' email domains that I checked this issue with are '@gmail.com' and '@fnfcorp.com(→ this is our company email)'
    • I also checked the junk inbox but there was nothing. And I found that collaborators could receive a notification about Asset Publish.

I'll look forward to a further investigations and a clear answer.

Thank you.

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Thank you for sharing these additional details, Joanne! I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information regarding these notifications.

• Joanne Nam
    Joanne Nam ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Rebeca,

Happy new year!

I'd like to know if there's any update about this issue :)

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Happy new year, Joanne!

The team has looked into this again, and tested it, and you are correct, Collaborators and Guests don't receive the email notifications for new asset uploads. We're requesting an update on the help article to reflect this. We appreciate you bringing this up to our attention.

The other notifications shown on the table should be available, but do let me know if you have issues with any of them.