COUNTIFS formula error

Can someone help with this formula...I've tried multiple times and continue getting an error (#UNPARSEABLE MESSAGE) . Thank you!

=COUNTIFS([Category]:[Category],"Monitor", [Status]:[Status],"Available")

Best Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Sandy D

The syntax of your COUNTIFS is correct.

Are the column names you have listed actually your column names?

Doublecheck the quote marks in your formula and make sure they are the straight quote marks and not curly quote marks.

Kelly

• Matthew J McAteer
    Matthew J McAteer ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Sandy Cowin,

#UNPARSEABLE errors are usually related to spelling errors, incomplete operators, or incorrect use of quotes. I just tried your formula in a quick sheet I build using your column names and values and it works. Have you checked the formula in your sheet to make sure it is exactly as you posted here?

Matthew

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Sandy D

The syntax of your COUNTIFS is correct.

Are the column names you have listed actually your column names?

Doublecheck the quote marks in your formula and make sure they are the straight quote marks and not curly quote marks.

Kelly

• Matthew J McAteer
    Matthew J McAteer ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Sandy Cowin,

#UNPARSEABLE errors are usually related to spelling errors, incomplete operators, or incorrect use of quotes. I just tried your formula in a quick sheet I build using your column names and values and it works. Have you checked the formula in your sheet to make sure it is exactly as you posted here?

Matthew

• Thank you both! I checked the column names and there was a space at the end of the "status" column. Once I removed the space, it worked! :) Thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!