updating all formulas

Hi there, I know this has been mentioned many times but I was wondering if there is a quick and easy way to update all formulas to reference new sheets. We had everything originally setup per year on each cell that references other worksheets. For instance "=COUNTIFS({2023 Incident Investigations Range 4}, "1", {2023 Incident Investigations Range 2}, [5]1, {2023 Incident Investigations Range 3}, $[Primary Column]2)", I would like to update all of these to reference 2024 sheets now. I have full Admin console access to everything as well, not too sure if that helps. Obviously if find and replace worked for formulas I could do a quick update to everything but that doesn't seem to work. I see references that is if you have control panel access you might be able to do something. I am not super familiar with the program, just lending a hand to update things for next year. Thank you!!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Not necessarily. If you put everything into a folder and then make a copy of the folder, all of the stuff in the copy will be linked to the appropriate places within the copy and all of the original links will still be linked to the original places.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Your best bet is to make a copy of everything, store the copy as your 2023 historical data, then overwrite the data in the sheets already containing the links with the 2024 data.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• T_Mich
    T_Mich ✭✭

HI Paul, thank you for your reply. If we made a copy of everything we would lose all of the links referencing things I would assume, correct? we have three worksheets, 2 with no links but they all link to the one spreadsheet.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Not necessarily. If you put everything into a folder and then make a copy of the folder, all of the stuff in the copy will be linked to the appropriate places within the copy and all of the original links will still be linked to the original places.

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!