Not all my data is transferring from one sheet to another

I have a sheet set up to collect data from another sheet and only 15 of the rows are showing up completely and the 16th row is populating except for the autonumbering. All my formulas are set up as column formulas. There are 29 responses on my data collection sheet. What am I missing?

I am missing almost half my entries! I checked to make sure that references in the formulas were correct and that all the columns are set to column formula. Help please?

Thank you so much!

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ruthcurran

I'm always happy to help!

I mean the numbers in the Destination Sheet. Those seem o be manual and not connected, and the column in the source sheet doesn't seem to be connected either.

Make sense?

Try adding 16, 17, 18,19, and so in in the Destination sheet and see what happens.

Was that the issue?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭

You probably already tried this, but you can't map an auto number column from the source sheet to the target sheet. It would have to be autonumber on the source and a text column on the target sheet.

Are you using a move row automation or just formulas? In either case, what is your criteria for data to move from your source to target sheet?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ruthcurran

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you checked the end of the sheet?

Was that the issue?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend & Happy New Year!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• ruthcurran
    ruthcurran ✭✭✭

Thank you ,@Tim C and you are correct, I made sure I am mapping to a text row. I am using a formula to move the data. Here is my formula. It works through line 15 then in line 15 it does not move over the Respondent # and then on line 17 thru the end, nothing is moving over. In case it helps, here is my column formula: =IF(INDEX({SDoH ADKAR Phase I Range 1}, MATCH([Respondent #]@row, {SDoH ADKAR Phase I Range 4}, 0)) > 0, INDEX({SDoH ADKAR Phase I Range 1}, MATCH([Respondent #]@row, {SDoH ADKAR Phase I Range 4}, 0)), "")

The ranges are correct, everything looks right to me. It is working perfectly up to line 16....

Thank you @Andrée Starå. I did check the end, as I have had that happen before :)! Nothing there.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Again, here is my screenshot that shows the receiving sheet.

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭

@ruthcurran thank you for the detailed response. This is puzzling. Are your cell reference ranges updated to look at the entire column? @GenevieveB Is a wizard and might be able to offer more specific help. If not, a pro desk session to look what's going awry?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ruthcurran

Happy to help!

It looks like you have to add the numbers in Respondent # after 15. There's nothing to match against.

Was that the issue?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• ruthcurran
    ruthcurran ✭✭✭

@Tim C, yes looking at whole columns.... It is puzzling....

@Andrée Starå the respondent numbers pull for the data collection sheet and they are all there.

Just odd, right?

Thank you both for trying to help! How do I connect with ProDesk? Thanks so much!

Ruth

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ruthcurran

I'm always happy to help!

I mean the numbers in the Destination Sheet. Those seem o be manual and not connected, and the column in the source sheet doesn't seem to be connected either.

Make sense?

Try adding 16, 17, 18,19, and so in in the Destination sheet and see what happens.

Was that the issue?

• ruthcurran
    ruthcurran ✭✭✭

That fixed it! Odd and I am not going to question why... just go with it, right?

Thank you so very much @Andrée Starå! I appreciate you and your support!

Gratefully,

Ruth

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ruthcurran

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

I'd recommend adding the numbers for as many rows as you need.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!