Formulas

Options

Hi, I want to create a formula in a cell that returns 'yes' or 'no'. I would like to receive either 'yes' or 'no' in the cell based on whether the 'ship set' is complete. A Sales Order (SO) can consist of multiple ship sets. An SO can only be shipped if the corresponding ship sets are ready and have a status of 'ready for shipping.'How would I do that? My efforts have failed. Link to example: https://app.smartsheet.com/sheets/J6m4hWhMJJRVGx3r22Pc62HfwX3pcQ52Mg5XJWh1

Answers

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Without knowing the names of the columns I had to just enter [Ship Set X] as the column names.

• =IF(AND([Ship Set 1]@row="ready for shipping", [Ship Set 2]@row="ready for shipping"),"yes", "no")

If there are a huge number of Ship Sets the formula above could get rather long. Additionally, if the numbers of Ship Sets are inconsistent, you would need to account for those being blank. You could do that by adding something like:

• =IF(AND(OR([Ship Set 1]@row="ready for shipping", [Ship Set 1]@row=""), OR([Ship Set 2]@row="ready for shipping", [Ship Set 2]@row="")),"yes", "no")

Let me know if you need help! As an FYI, the link you provided will only open for those who have access to the sheet.

Best,

Zach Hall

Training Delivery Manager / Charter Communications

• RPolman
    RPolman ✭✭
    Options

Hi Zack, Thanks for your help! I'm looking for another formula in this case. Do you want access to the smartsheet? Please request acces.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!