IF Formula Help

Hi,

I have a column labeled 'Flag' that uses the formula =IF([Calculated Total]@row < [Total Dollars on Invoice]@row, "FLAG", " ") that either is showing as blank for all rows or if I flip it shows as 'FLAG' for all rows.

The 'calculated total' column is a sum of several other columns and the Total Dollars column is just data that is entered via a form or manually into the field.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks,

Answers

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure Total Dollars is an actual number? You can use ISNUMBER to test.

I assume Calculated Total must be a number if it's a result of a SUM formula.

If either of the values are not a number, you will get the result you are getting.

• Marc M.
    Marc M. ✭✭

@James Keuning If you are referring to the column types, they are both text/number.

I have noticed that if new data is added to the sheet via the form it is working correctly, it's the old data I imported from Excel that it's not working for.

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭

Try putting VALUE in front of the numbers. Or create a helper column, and use a column formula to put VALUE in front of every value and use this column in the formula.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!