Dashboard Widgets Not Working - January 10th 2024

Options

Answers

• ro.fei
    ro.fei ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey guys, really looking for some help with this. As you can see, all my charts errored out even though they had been looking great less than an hour ago.

I've made a whole lot of dashboards & I know how important it is to have a metrics sheet & do all the counts/sums/etc. because you need numeric values in at least one column. All of my charts involve numbers & I haven't even touched the formulas since I got the graphs up & running so I have no clue what caused them to disappear.

I know y'all can't give me the exact reason they broke, but does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? I tried searching but all I can seem to find is people trying to make pivot tables without a metrics sheet. Is there any documentation of what regularly causes errors in charts?

Thank you!!!

• OLASTG
    OLASTG ✭✭
    Options

I'm getting the exact same behaviour across multiple sites that I work with. Any updates would be appreciated.

• Jmalthouse
    Options

I am trying to create a dashboard, but every time I go to load data into a widget, the widget just remains blank. It does not say anything about not being able to pull data, it simply just remains blank.

I have tried using different sheets, different widgets, different data. I cannot get anything to load. I have tried using my browser in incognito mode, logging out and back in multiple times, and even restarting my computer.

Anyone else experiencing this glitch?

• Sarah Donnelly
    Sarah Donnelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/10/24
    Options

@Margaret Walker Yep. There seems to be a problem. Any dashboard using reports and widgets are broken across our organization. Our Dashboards with sheets directly embedded are still operating as normal. I'm the sys admin for our account and we have made no changes to our account settings. My project managers have told me they have made no foundational changes to their sheets or reports. (so nothing archived which depending on how you do that you can break connections.)

waiting to see what Smartsheet responds with.

• Michele R.
    Michele R. ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello -

I have a package of work which I have been working in all day. I am the owner, it is not shared. All of a sudden I cannot update widgets in the dashboard which look at sheets that are used in the dashboard. Did I change a setting somewhere that I don't know about? HELP! PLEASE

• Elisa Mcallister
    Options

Same! My dashboards are all not functioning all of a sudden. Widgets won't load and it's giving me the same error.

• Elisa Mcallister
    edited 01/10/24
    Options

Same issue with mine and several posts so it seems like a system issue (at least I'm hoping that's what it is).

• Jmalthouse
    Jmalthouse ✭✭
    edited 01/10/24
    Options

I should add to this that it actually only seems to be my "metrics" widget that is having this issue. The data I am trying to pull is from a sheet created from a "template". Not sure if that matters.

• Awalshga
    Awalshga ✭✭
    edited 01/10/24
    Options

This same thing just happened to us today. We have six different dashboards that point to a single source sheet. The source sheet is very small (40 columns, 200 rows) and all the data in that sheet appears correctly. We worked on one of the dashboards this morning and it looked fine. Now all of them show the ugly 'Source sheet unavailable' message/icon. When I go to check the source for any widget, it appears to have completely lost the connection to the source sheet. Trying the refresh thing but that seems like a silly solution. Any more thoughts on this? Thanks.

• smartnewbie
    Options

I'm new to Smartsheets and using the popular "Project Management Office template". Today I am suddenly getting "Unable to display chart. We're unable to read the source data" for the dashboards at Portfolio and Project Level. How do I rectify this problem ?

• Margaret Walker
    Margaret Walker ✭✭✭
    edited 01/10/24
    Options

There appears to be an issue with smartsheet. Multiple users from various organizations are having the same issue. I posted this question as well. Hoping smartsheet responds with a solution shortly.

• adamleeprice
    adamleeprice ✭✭
    edited 01/10/24
    Options

i agree. i too am getting this error now on my dashboards when i did not change any reference data/sheet

• jeremyg00
    Options

Hello. For seemingly no reason and out of nowhere, all my PMO dashboard have several widgets that are showing the error "Source Sheet Unavailable. Please have admin select a new data source".

I have tried to point each widget to the source sheet but it doesn't allow me to save it and doesn't look like its loading the sheet.

I downloaded a brand new PMO template set and when I look into the dashboard it has the same errors. This doesn't seem to be anything locally with my project its appears it may be a global issues. Is there a issue currently causing this issue?

• cg80
    cg80 ✭✭✭
    Options

I built a dashboard with metrics, charts and reports. The dashboard has not been shared with anyone, as I'm am still working on the system. This afternoon all the metrics and charts are showing "Source sheet unavailable". However, all reports are still on the dashboard. If I try to edit the widget or the chart, the Add Data section is displayed. The source sheet is still there, the name did not change. It's a metrics sheet with calculations. There aren't that many calculations, and they aren't that complex either. Any ideas on what is happening? Are the charts and metric widgets completely gone? Do I need to recreate everything?

• adamleeprice
    Options

i also checked their their base templates and the ones with dashboards are throwing the same error. So this does appear to be a smartsheet issue.