Need help with an if formula

=IF(AND(Organization@row = "300 (AMS)", ISBLANK([Tracking Number HFD & Wehl]@row)), "300 MISSING INFORMATION", IF(AND(Organization@row = "306 (Wehl)", ISBLANK([Keuhne+Nagel Pick-up Status]@row)), "306 MISSING INFORMATION", ""))

and there is one more or that I need to add but I cannot get just the two to work.

Best Answer

• Mkoelling
    Mkoelling ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Lucas, I finally got it to work, I had time explaining exactly what was needed but this is the formula.

=IF(AND(Organization@row = "300 (AMS)", ISBLANK([Tracking Number HFD & Wehl]@row), ISBLANK([Van der Valk pick-up Status]@row)), "300 (AMS) Missing Information", IF(AND(Organization@row = "306 (Wehl)", ISBLANK([Keuhne+Nagel Pick-up Status]@row), ISBLANK([Tracking Number HFD & Wehl]@row)), "306 (Wehl) Missing Information", IF(AND(Organization@row = "310 (UK)", ISBLANK([DHL Pick-up Status]@row)), "310 (UK) Missing Information", "")))

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mkoelling , hard to tell without more details but general troubleshooting Is to test small pieces of the formula to narrow down what’s not working. For instance:

=IF(Organization@row = "300 (AMS)", “yes”,”no”)

Go through each piece to find what isn’t working.

One note: if the pickup status column is a formula, you can’t use isblank because this function sees formulas as content. I like to use LEN(column@row)=0, which looks for the number of characters and doesn’t trigger on formulas

• Mkoelling
    Mkoelling ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Lucas, I finally got it to work, I had time explaining exactly what was needed but this is the formula.

=IF(AND(Organization@row = "300 (AMS)", ISBLANK([Tracking Number HFD & Wehl]@row), ISBLANK([Van der Valk pick-up Status]@row)), "300 (AMS) Missing Information", IF(AND(Organization@row = "306 (Wehl)", ISBLANK([Keuhne+Nagel Pick-up Status]@row), ISBLANK([Tracking Number HFD & Wehl]@row)), "306 (Wehl) Missing Information", IF(AND(Organization@row = "310 (UK)", ISBLANK([DHL Pick-up Status]@row)), "310 (UK) Missing Information", "")))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!