COUNTIFS with Dates and Other Criteria

Hello,

I am trying to work on a formula that will count if there is a certain date and Practice Location. For instance in the example I am trying to find how many have Family Medical Associates and 01/12/2024.

Here is the formula I am using and keep receive the error "Incorrect Argument"

=COUNTIFS({THMD CareKit Referral Form_Master Range 1}, "Family Medical Associates") + COUNTIFS(DATE(01/05/2024))

Answers

• CaraBart28
    CaraBart28 ✭✭✭✭

I fixed the date criteria for be (2024, 01, 05) but I am still receiving the same error.

=COUNTIFS({THMD CareKit Referral Form_Master Range 1}, "Family Medical Associates") + COUNTIFS(DATE(2024, 1, 5))

• CaraBart28
    CaraBart28 ✭✭✭✭

I can get it to work with just the date or just the practice location. I cannot get them to work together nor can I get it to count multiple criteria for the practice location. What am I doing wrong??

=COUNTIFS({THMD CareKit Referral Form_Master Range 1} "BWMG Adult and Senior Care", OR({THMD CareKit Referral Form_Master Range 1} "BWMG Hanover", OR({THMD CareKit Referral Form_Master Range 1}, "BWMG Pasadena")))

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @CaraBart28,

For your first question for doing the COUNTIFS with dates (with the cross sheet references referring to the respective columns):

= COUNTIFS({Practice Location},"Family Medical Associates",{Date Ordered},@cell=DATE(2024,1,12)

For the multiple criteria, are you combining Practice Location with another column or is it all the Practice Location? If the same column (Practice Location):

=COUNTIF({Practice Location},OR(@cell="BWMG Adult and Senior Care",@cell="BWMG Hanover",@cell="BWMG Pasadena"))

Hope this helps, but if I've misunderstood something or you have any problems/questions then just post!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!