Overall Text Rating from a Numeric Rating/Score

Options

Hello! I need help. This is probably basic, so forgive me, but I want the overall rating to show as the text rating assigned. For instance, 1–1.49 would be below average, 1.50–2.49 would be average, and 2.50–3 would be above average. I have messed with this for over a week and I can't figure it out. Thanks!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Kendra_Baldwin_2024

How are you getting the original values in the 3 columns? It looks like these are appearing as text values versus numerical, which is likely why your formula isn't recognizing them within your numerical range.

Try wrapping a VALUE function around the different references to turn them into numbers:

=IF(VALUE([Overall Rating]@row) < 1.49, "Below Average", IF(VALUE([Overall Rating]@row) < 2.49, "Average", "Above Average"))

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Kendra_Baldwin_2024
    Options

This worked!! Thank you!

Do you have any idea why there would be a huge gap between my row entries?

When I enter the information into the form, the line item would be, let's say, line 5, but it's adding it to line 51, and there is this huge gap.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Kendra_Baldwin_2024

It sounds like perhaps there had been content in those 50 rows before but it was cleared out instead of having the entire row deleted. Form submissions require entirely fresh rows to add content into, so it will find the first completely new row to put content into.

Delete out the seemingly empty rows and your new submissions should show up immediately under the last line of data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!