Having trouble returning valid dates

2»

Answers

• SASardy
    SASardy ✭✭✭✭

I am not sure you are following. Adding +1 outside the parentheses adds one DAY to my date. I am clear on that. We can forget adding one day to anything. What I need is one YEAR added. How can I accomplish that outside of Carson's "unnecessarily complex" formula?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Your formula in your original post was already adding one year or two years to the date. Literally the only problem with the original formula was that your +1 was in the wrong spot. If you use the formula you provided in the screenshot of your original post and adjust where the +1 is, you will get the days and the years added as needed.

Just use your original formula and make the tweaks to the +1s that I suggested and you will have a formula that does what you want it to do including adding years.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• SASardy
    SASardy ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the confusion. Thanks, Paul, this worked.

Appreciate your help and patience!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. 👍️

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!