Use smartsheet to compile multiple csvs

Options

We receive daily error report files in csv. As we work through these, we make notes on what needs to be updated. However since there is a new report generated daily, it's difficult to establish continuity to see what is changing on a day-to-day basis. I would like to easily dump the files into a smartsheet so that as the error shows up on a daily basis I can keep notes in a central location and answer questions such as "for how many days has this error been occurring?" I'm looking for ideas.

Answers

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @AlexMessinger,

Here are a few ideas, and depending on the complexity of the report and your budget, these may work.

1. Since a new report is generated everyday, upload this file into Smartsheet, add a column with a red flag or a tick box. When a problem is identified, flag it or check the tick box. Have an automation setup everyday so that only the red flag or ticked boxes are kept, and the other entries are archived in another sheet. You can use hierarchy to group and organise those problems, and answer the question you raised.
    2. Have everything automated using Smartsheet add-ons like Data Shuttle and DataMesh. Won't go into the details, but you could have a chat with your local Smartsheet rep for a trial and explore whether this would be a solution for you. Personally love it both add-ons as it takes away the manual import and merging of csv files into Smartsheet.

Cheers,

Ric