Large Contains Look-up with Multiselect Field

Options

I have a birthday request form where birthday bags are made and then stored. To track where the requests are stored, I have a multi select column named: Inventory Slot Number where a user can select 1-500 and can select multiple numbers like 1 and 2 for example. We get 5000+ requests a year so there will be alot of rows in this sheet with revolving inventory. We need mutli-select since some items have a large item that is in a bulk section slot.

On another sheet I have a list of the 500 numbers 1-500 and want to understand which slots are taken for slot availability management so I have a Slot column listing 1-500 and then a slot availability column to say whether it is open or being used.

I looked at this post but am having trouble applying since its only a select number of dropdowns

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/74170/contains-with-multi-select-column

Right now I have a slot helper column on sheet 1: =IF(ISBLANK([Inventory Slot Number]@row), "", SUBSTITUTE([Inventory Slot Number]@row, " ", ""))

On Sheet 2 - =COUNTIFS({2024 Case Worker & Foster Family Birthday Range 1}, IF(HAS(@cell, "1"), "true", "false") = "true", Slot:Slot, IF(HAS(@cell, "1"), "true", "false") = "true")

where range 1 =. Inventory slot number column and it's not letting me update "1" to the slot at row

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!