Cross sheet reference names being scrambled?

I'm building some formulas to reference other sheets, and the names are getting scrambled when I reference various sheets in my build.

For example, I'm setting up a summary sheet pointing to several other sheets. Sheet I'm referencing is Las Vegas (Support). When I click on the sheet to reference it, it grabs another sheet name in my build (seemingly randomly).

The formula seems to be calculating correctly, but this makes my QC process pretty difficult.

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @tpokrywka

The name that appears under sheet reference name is the name that has already been assigned to the highlighted column in that sheet. So, it looks like, in the example you shared, someone has given the "Position" column in the "Las Vegas (Support)" sheet the name "Centennial (Support and Home) Range 1" (Possibly when the sheet had a different name). To make QC easier, you can edit the names in this window, or by right clicking on the sheet and selecting manage references.

• Dang. Ok. Wish the named range changed with the sheet name when you change the sheet name. Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!