COUNTIF returning #NO MATCH

Options

I have some sheet formulas that were working but once I made a few updates, not all return the #NO MATCH error. It's a simple COUNTIF formula that references a cell that populates from a VLOOKUP. When I recreated the formula on another blank sheet, it works fine but, as you can see below, the sheet formula will not work. Any help?

Best Answer

• Linda Manduchova
    Linda Manduchova ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SASardy

COUNTIFS function should not return a NO MATCH error since it's not matching anything, unless one of the columns you're referencing has an error!

Even if just one cell has a formula error and you reference the entire column (including that one cell), the current formula will produce the same error.

Try wrapping an IFERROR around all your other formulas:

=IFERROR(formula, "")

This should then resolve your COUNTIFs formula looking at those other columns.

Linda

Answers

• Linda Manduchova
    Linda Manduchova ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SASardy

COUNTIFS function should not return a NO MATCH error since it's not matching anything, unless one of the columns you're referencing has an error!

Even if just one cell has a formula error and you reference the entire column (including that one cell), the current formula will produce the same error.

Try wrapping an IFERROR around all your other formulas:

=IFERROR(formula, "")

This should then resolve your COUNTIFs formula looking at those other columns.

Linda

• SASardy
    SASardy ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you!

I brought some new data in and didn't realize a few of the cells had different info in them. When I wrapped the IFERROR around everything with a VLOOKUP, it fixed everything!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!