Counting cell with dates

Options

Hello all! I'm trying to count the number of cells that have a date that falls within a date range so I can get the count of how many times an incident occurred each month. In the image below I have a list of dates. I need a formula that counts all of the January dates and so on. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• RickyT
    RickyT ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

=COUNTIFS([Incident Date]:[Incident Date], >=DATE(2024, 10, 1), [Approval/Disapproval Date]:[Approval/Disapproval Date], <=DATE(2025, 1, 1))

This should work, you'll just have to change the dates to the range you want. One is greater than and the other less than.

Ricky T

Gov Contractor for USSF

Answers

• RickyT
    RickyT ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

=COUNTIFS([Incident Date]:[Incident Date], >=DATE(2024, 10, 1), [Approval/Disapproval Date]:[Approval/Disapproval Date], <=DATE(2025, 1, 1))

This should work, you'll just have to change the dates to the range you want. One is greater than and the other less than.

Ricky T

Gov Contractor for USSF

• Dmcmillan
    Options

Thank you so every much RickyT. For anyone who tries this make sure you change your data type to date. Initially I had my date column type set as text, so it didn't work.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!