Formula to copy one cell unless it is empty then copy another cell

Options
Mel_Barnes
edited 02/13/24 in Formulas and Functions

I've used the formula =IF(IFBLANK, {Source Cell}, {Fallback Cell}) but I'm getting #unparseable.

Any suggestions please? (The cells it's copying are index-matched to another sheet but they both populate with "N/A" until the original source sheet is populated but it's still not copying over the "N/A".

Formula:

Source cells:

Many thanks

Mel

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Mel_Barnes ,

I would like to suggest utilizing an automation workflow to accomplish this task. It offers a streamlined and efficient approach to achieving the desired outcome.

Best regards,

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Mel_Barnes
    Options

I resolved it, thank you. I wasn't putting the original cell to check. It now works now I've added this.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Mel_Barnes,

Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!