#Invalid Operation

Megan.elh
Megan.elh
edited 02/15/24 in Formulas and Functions

Hi,

I had a formula working this morning, then i made some changes in other columns and now i'm getting the error invalid operation and i dont understand why as the formula still looks correct, however its no longer working. Hoping for some suggestions as to why please. :)

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Anjanesh Vaidya
    Anjanesh Vaidya ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Megan.elh,

It seems like you are performing subtraction which is giving error because there is "Kr" in the cells which is string and that's why the operation can't be performed.

You can remove those string and if it is currency then format it with Currency from the following option then it will be able to perform the operation and cannot show error.

I hope it will work!

Thank you

Anjanesh Vaidya

Thanks,

Anjanesh Vaidya

Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️

Answers

• Anjanesh Vaidya
    Anjanesh Vaidya ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Megan.elh,

It seems like you are performing subtraction which is giving error because there is "Kr" in the cells which is string and that's why the operation can't be performed.

You can remove those string and if it is currency then format it with Currency from the following option then it will be able to perform the operation and cannot show error.

I hope it will work!

Thank you

Anjanesh Vaidya

Thanks,

Anjanesh Vaidya

Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️

• Thank you, that has corrected the error, I didn't realise when extracting data across from excel that it was text and not currency.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!