Inconsistent Formula Issue #INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET error

Options
Dylan G
Dylan G ✭✭
edited 02/19/24 in Formulas and Functions

Hello,

I am working in a sheet summary and I am using a formula to count the number and type of maintenance issues after a certain date.

My issue is that I am using the exact same formula in different fields in the sheet summary and only changing the text in a countifs formula. It works in some cases but not others.

For example, the following formula works great: =COUNTIFS(Category:Category, "NIBRS/Validation", [Completed **Notifies Agency**]:[Completed **Notifies Agency**], 1, [Date Resolved]:[Date Resolved], >=(DATE([Go Live Date in Formula Format]#)))

This formula throws an #INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET error: =COUNTIFS(Category:Category, "User Knowledge/Training", [Completed **Notifies Agency**]:[Completed **Notifies Agency**], 1, [Date Resolved]:[Date Resolved], >=(DATE([Go Live Date in Formula Format]#)))

The date near the end seems to be the issue, but it is the same in both formulas. I am referencing another field in the sheet summary for the date, and when I enter the date manually it resolves my error.

The date field I am referencing has the date 2024,03,12, and it is created referencing another cell where the date is in the format 03/12/24 and I have used the formula ="20" + RIGHT([Go Live Estimate]#, 2) + "," + LEFT([Go Live Estimate]#, 2) + "," + MID([Go Live Estimate]#, 4, 2) to convert the date into the format YYYY,MM,DD.

I'm stumped and appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thank you

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!