Smartsheet Event Reporting API

Erin Kim
Erin Kim ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 02/20/24 in API & Developers

Hi All,

Does anyone have examples of what Smartsheet's Event Reporting API looks like? Is it prebuild with diagrams, or is it raw data tables?

Any insight would be helpful. The documentation online only says what it can do with no examples- but if I missed something please post those links as well!

Answers

• Lee Joramo
    Lee Joramo ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/23/24

I have long term plans to dig in to this, although I do not currently have Reporting activated on my account. (We do have a very full featured Enterprise account but not this part of the API). I am hoping it will be useful to help improve our backup system for Smartsheet. Currently we brute force download via the Java based backup tool provide by Smartsheet, but it backup ALL SHEETS and Attachments for all users. not just changes.

Event Reporting is not part of the SDK's, so the only small code examples in the API documents are for curl, Python and C#

The Event Reporting - Event Reference provides additional documentation about the data returned.

As you have found there is very little information beyond the above provided by Smartsheet or to be found on sites like Stack Overflow or GitHub. And only slightly more here in the forums. I haven't found anything more.

Since you need to have a pretty significant Enterprise plan with Smartsheet to have Event Reporting, I am going to say your best plan, is to ask your Smartsheet support representative to put you in touch with some of their developers who can probably provide you with some sample code. I have done this a couple times over the years when I was stuck in an under documented corner of the API

Good luck, and please share anything you can.