Formula and maximum allowed

Options

I have a sheets used to create a dashboard with a large amount of data. I had to split each month into individual sheets because I was receive an error message that I have maxed the sheet out so I started creating separate sheets for each month. Now I need to pull the data back together and was trying to summarize the data by creating countifs formulas that referenced those sheets so I can display it per month on the dashboard. Any suggestions on how to summarize this visually on a dashboard?

Answers

• blmccue
    blmccue ✭✭
    Options

Here is the other message I receive

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

If you have one sheet per month, I'd do the calculations on the monthly sheets and then cell link them into your metric sheet. That will avoid Smartsheet having to go out and re-use the references over and over and over, which is pushing you to your limit.

Another option is forgo a metric sheet entirely and use Summary Fields to do the calculations on each monthly sheet. That keeps your sheets from being as messy. Then use a Summary Report to pull in those values from all the sheets into a report that you can then display on a dashboard, or run a chart, etc.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!