Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Linking forms in a dashboard.

Options

Hi,

Currently when one wishes to link a form in a dashboard (not display a form, i mean hyperlink! but guess it would apply to forms in a dash too) You would need to get the url first of the sheet where the form derives from.

Instead, it would be handy that when adding a hotlink, it would pop-up when 'Smartsheet item' is selected:

This would be handy in all dashboard widgets where it is possible to select a smartsheet item.

Also, when implementing that, a different icon to make it more visual would be nice.

Just my 2 cents :)

BR,

Maurice

Continuous Improvement Facilitator in HVAC industry

13 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Dan Cliff
    Dan Cliff ✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/14/22
    Options

It would be terrific to be able to select a form from the list of smartsheet objects when adding links to the dashboard links widget. Currently everything else except for the forms is selectable.

• meb_0101
    meb_0101 ✭✭✭
    edited 04/08/24
    Options

In the meantime, you can embed a form on a dashboard.

• John_Foster
    John_Foster ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We can already create links from widgets in Dashboards to "Smartsheet Items" within the widget behavior option, it would be a good development if we were able to link to a sheets form.

Currently, we have to load the sheet, copy the form URL, then go to edit the dashboard and paste the copied link.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/08/24
    Options

I submitted a similar request some time ago and was searching here to see if there was an update. I did not find my idea so am up voting @John_Foster's!

Our use case:

We have template workspaces each containing sheets, reports, and dashboard. We copy a workspace for each project. Some sheets have forms. Every time we copy a workspace we need to go to open the sheet, go to the form menu, copy its URL, and add that URL to the dashboard. Not having to do this would be a significant improvement in efficiency and accuracy.

• Mdoban
    Mdoban ✭✭
    Options

yes! should be a way to have form link update to the correct one when using a template