Help with formula to return month + year from "Date Created" field.

Options

I am trying to create a column formula to return the "Month Year" from a "Date Created" field, with the month fully spelled out.

This is what I have so far, but for some reason it is returning the blank value even though the date created field has a value of "03/01/24 11:13 AM."

Additionally, I need help figuring out how/where to add YEAR([Date Created]@row) to the end of this formula, so that the value returned from the above example would be "March 2024" or "March 24." Thanks!

=IFERROR(=IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 1, "January", =IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 2, "February", =IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 3, "March", =IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 4, "April", =IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 5, "May", =IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 6, "June", =IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 7, "July", =IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 8, "August", =IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 9, "September", =IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 10, "October", =IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 11, "November", =IF(MONTH([Date Created]@row) = 12, "December")))))))))))), "")

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!