Countifs multiple Status and one priority level

A.Valadez
A.Valadez ✭✭
edited 03/06/24 in Formulas and Functions

Good afternoon,

I am in need of assistance with adding multiple Status(column) from a drop down and sorting them by priority. I was able to get two formulas working as a start but cannot seem to add multiple drops downs from the status. I was able to develop a report so show this information but I am seeking a formula for the sheet summary.

=COUNTIFS(Status:Status, "In Progress", Priority:Priority, "High")

I am looking to see all the "High" Priority (Column) items from the three different Status's (Column) "In Progress", "Blocked", and "Ongoing".

Any help would be wonderful!

Answers

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try:

=COUNTIFS(Status:Status, OR(@cell = "In Progress", @cell = "In Progress", @cell = "Blocked", @cell = "Ongoing"), Priority:Priority, "High")

• Nic,

Thank you! You are a life saver! I hate to be a bother but would you be able to help me with another issue?

I am trying to compute the items added to the list within the past seven days by status and project type. I was only able to figure out the seven days and the status, not the project type.

=COUNTIFS(Status:Status, OR(@cell = "In Progress", @cell =

"Ongoing"), [Start Date]:[Start Date], AND(@cell >= TODAY(-7), @cell <= TODAY()))

---Info attempting to measure---

Status (drop down column)-"In Progress", "Ongoing"

Type (drop down column)- "Project", "Initiative"

Start Date (date column)-Seven Days

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/06/24

Glad it worked. So if I'm understanding, you're just adding one additional criteria for Type as the rest is working? Assuming the column is called Type, you would follow the same structure as the rest of the formula:

=COUNTIFS(Type:Type, OR(@cell = "Project", @cell = "Initiative"), Status:Status, OR(@cell = "In Progress", @cell = "Ongoing"), [Start Date]:[Start Date], AND(@cell >= TODAY(-7), @cell <= TODAY()

• Nic! Thank you so much! Seeing it written allowed me to create a few formulas based off what you sent. Thank you!

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!