I have a formula related question - can someone help

I need to calculate for each of the headers how many hrs of each hours type each company has used, but with all the formulas I have tried I cannot get this to clculate correctly, I have manually entered what I am trying to achieve in the example rows, can someone help please.

Best Answer

Answers

• Dylan T
    Dylan T ✭✭✭

Hi @Mel C,

Have you tried using SUMIFS? You will need to change the row 1 header value to match the value in the hour's type column so you can reference it. Here is some documentation that would help accomplish this. Once you get the first one, you can use a $ like in Excel to then easily copy the f(x) for the other values. I'd also suggest setting up a metric sheet to house the calculation and have the data on a different sheet. I hope this helps and I can provide an example formula if needed.

Thanks,

Dylan

• Mel C
    Mel C ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Dylan T

Thank you for this and the documentation, if you could give me a example formula that would be great also.

Thanks Mel

• Dylan T
    Dylan T ✭✭✭
    edited 03/06/24

Hi Mel,

No problem, I think it'd be easier to show as a snip, see below, and of how I'd set up the sheet. The formula that is being shown is in the company column for row 3 (James). Absolute referencing helps with copying and pasting across the other fields in the metric calculation.

Best,

Dylan

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!