Can I add a dynamic view to a workspace?

Options

Hi,

I created a template with a datasheet, metrics sheet, and dashboard, and they all reside in a folder in a workspace that I would like to share with others. I added a dynamic view that pulls data from the datasheet and also renders in a dashboard, but I can't find a way to move my dynamic view into the template folder in my workspace or connect my dynamic view to the folder or workspace in some other manner. This seems like a simple and logic thing to have a dynamic view associated with a workspace, but I've searched and searched and could not find an explanation on how to do this.

Please advise and/or provide pointers to examples or instructions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DT

Answers

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @DTK

You can make something called a dynamic view and connect it to a particular sheet. 

Directly put this dynamic view is not doable into a workspace or folder like you would with other efforts like sheets or reports

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!

Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader

• DTK
    DTK ✭✭
    Options

hi @Humashankar ,

If I can't put a dynamic view in a folder or a workspace, does that mean it's against best practice? It will get unweildy to have a bunch of workspaces and folders separate from the dynamic views that use the worksheets, metrics sheet, and dashboards. Is there ANY way to clearly associate dynamic views with folders in a workspace even if I can't directly put it in there? Is there a best practice on what to do here if dynamic views cannot be put in the folders with their connected worksheets and dashboards?

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @DTK

it doesn't necessarily mean it's against best practices

Try make over consistent naming convention for your dynamic views, datasheets, metrics sheets, dashboards, and folders within your workspace

DV_for dynamic views, DS_for datasheets

Organize your workspace folders in a hierarchical structure.

Warm Regards

Huma

Community Leader