Can the Smartsheet mobile be downloaded on a Android barcode scanner?

Options

Is the Smartsheet mobile app only downloadable by mobile cell phones or can it be downloaded by other electronics that have Google Store capabilities? 

We are looking to implement barcode scanners in our facility that have Google Store capabilities for keeping track of inventory, but an area of concern is that it will download the desktop version that does not have the barcode scanning option as the mobile app version does. Based on your knowledge and experience would you know if barcode scanners that have the Google Store would download the mobile app version? I have provided two pictures to hopefully give a little insight on what type of scanners I am referring to. I notice some scanners have Play Store capabilities and others have Google Play capabilities as I am sure this will have an effect on which version is downloaded.

Best Answer

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Brandon,

The Smartsheet mobile app on Google Play requires Android 8.0 or later as shown in screenshot below. I'm not sure what version of Android your TC20 has. The best way to check compatibility is to open the Play Store on your TC20, search for "Smartsheet," and see if the "Install" button appears. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

Answers