COUNTIFS + AND + DATE RANGES

Options
KGSH
KGSH
edited 03/07/24 in Formulas and Functions

Hi! and HELP! :/

I'm trying to pull data from a tracker that counts issues that take longer than 2 days to resolve, for a specific company, within a month. Below is an example of what I have tried. I've tweaked, re-done, ad nauseum... I can get the company + days and I can get the dates, but when I try and marry them up with "AND" I lose it.

=COUNTIFS({Company}"Target", {Duration to Close}>2, AND(@cell >= DATE(2024, 2, 1), @cell <= DATE(2024, 2, 29)))

Best Answer

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If I understand correctly, you can avoid the AND condition entirely since COUNTIFS handles multiple conditions. I'm not sure what the range is that you are comparing for dates. I used {Date Range} here, but you will have to replace those two entries with your actual reference. If I am misunderstanding, please let me know.

=COUNTIFS({Company}, "Target", {Duration to Close}, @cell > 2, {Date Range}, @cell >= DATE(2024, 2, 1), {Date Range}, @cell <= DATE(2024, 2, 29))

Answers

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If I understand correctly, you can avoid the AND condition entirely since COUNTIFS handles multiple conditions. I'm not sure what the range is that you are comparing for dates. I used {Date Range} here, but you will have to replace those two entries with your actual reference. If I am misunderstanding, please let me know.

=COUNTIFS({Company}, "Target", {Duration to Close}, @cell > 2, {Date Range}, @cell >= DATE(2024, 2, 1), {Date Range}, @cell <= DATE(2024, 2, 29))

• KGSH
    Options

Thank you SO much!! I am immeasurably grateful!!

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Glad to help! COUNTIFS is a great function, you can do a lot with it.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!