Running a report - Keeping old data to compare

Options

Hi Team,

I want to set up a report that will allow me to pull values from a column at a certain date/time, then within that same report, for that same column, pull the values a later date/time so i can compare changes. Is this doable?

When i create report and link it up to the columns i want, it is all live. So if someone makes a change in that column, the report is updated automatically with the new value and the only visibility i have of the previous value is if i go to cell history.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @josh jablonowski

The only way it is doable is if you create a copy workflow to copy the row of data into another sheet when a change happens to the cells in the columns you're interested in. You will then create a report from your live sheet to look at latest data and another report from the copied sheet to look at previous data. You will need to a few helper columns to identify the immediate previous entry and have the report filter based on the helper column. You will still not be able to see the first change made, as the copy happens after the change is done in your live sheet.

Thanks,

Aravind

Reach out for any help on licenses, configuration, or training

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!